Partner Support is sharing a recent IRS News Release announcing that taxpayers in designated disaster areas of Arkansas now have until July 31, 2023 to file various federal individual and business tax returns and make tax payments.
Important! Be sure to read the IRS announcements carefully as the extended deadline and other tax relief may not apply to the entire state. Also, some affected taxpayers in any designated disaster areas may find that they need more time to file beyond the listed extended deadline. If so, the IRS urges them to request the additional time electronically BEFORE the original April 18 deadline. After April 18 and before July 31, disaster area taxpayers can file their extension requests only on paper.
Latest IRS News Release:
- IR-2023-68 – April 3, 2023 – Arkansas Storm Victims Qualify for Tax Relief; April 18 deadline, Other Dates Extended to July 31
Repeat: Previously Announced by the IRS (and shared via Partner Support Communications)
- IR-2023-33 – February 24, 2023 – Tax Deadline Extended to Oct. 16 for Disaster Area Taxpayers in California, Alabama and Georgia | Español
- IR-2023-58 – March 24, 2023 – New York Storm Victims Qualify for Tax Relief; April 18 Deadline, Other Dates Extended to May 15 | Español
- IR-2023-60 – March 28, 2023 – Mississippi Storm Victims Qualify for Tax Relief; April 18 Deadline, Other Dates Extended to July 31
The IRS news releases above, along with the Tax Relief in Disaster Situations page and other related disaster resources, are also easily accessible 24/7 from your Resource Center > Industry Links page (IRS Top News Release; FAQs; IRS Quick Links; and IRS Resources sections).
IRS Disaster Relief Resource Page:
Find information on the most recent tax relief provisions for taxpayers affected by disaster situations by going to the IRS Tax Relief in Disaster Situations | Español webpage. Click on 2023 to access a dropdown of the individual notices containing details and instructions for the specific state. Remember to check back for any new additions.
Other IRS Disaster Resources:
Disaster Related IRS Publications
- Publication 547, Casualties, Disasters and Theft
Publication 584, Casualty, Disaster, and Theft Loss Workbook
- Publication 584B, Business Casualty, Disaster, and Theft Loss Workbook
- Publication 2194, Disaster Resource Guide for Individuals and Businesses
- Publication 3833, Disaster Relief: Providing Assistance through Charitable Organizations
Your Partner Support Team